We offer multiple ways to communicate securely between our office and our clients. Please remember that basic e-mail is not always secure, and if you/we are sending confidential information, you/we should take caution. We have several secure ways to coordinate your confidential tax information.
|TaxCaddy||Client Axcess Portal||Secure email|
|eSign your tax return||X||X|
|eSign your engagement letter||X|
|Electronically complete and submit your annual questionnaire||X|
|Securely submit tax documents||X||X||X|
TaxCaddy is a secure, digital client collaboration platform where our clients can electronically sign engagement letters and e-file authorizations, answer tax questionnaires and submit tax documents to us. TaxCaddy is available on any device: PC, Mac, tablet, and the TaxCaddy app for iPad, iPhone, and Android. TaxCaddy is currently only available for 1040 individual tax returns.
A few things to note about TaxCaddy (further detail here):
- You can submit documents by taking pictures with the TaxCaddy mobile app, uploading files, or manually entering information.
- For greater convenience, you will also have the option of authorizing TaxCaddy to retrieve documents automatically from your financial institutions which will give us access to them immediately.
- Electronically sign (eSign) your tax return within TaxCaddy after answering three Knowledge-Based Authentication questions specific to you (e.g., select which street you lived on when you were in college). You and your spouse can both esign through one account after answering your respective questions or if both have signed up with TaxCaddy, signatures would be gathered from your individual accounts.
- Security of your data is our highest priority. As a TaxCaddy user, you will benefit from best-in-class technology, data centers, and infrastructure to meet the strict requirements of the most security-sensitive CPA firms in the world. See TaxCaddy’s security information.
- Technical support and troubleshooting are available by email and chat in the TaxCaddy Help Center and you can also contact our office for help.
If you'd like to learn more about TaxCaddy, you can watch this 1 minute informative video, check out these FAQ’s on TaxCaddy account set up, or visit the TaxCaddy website. If you’d like an invitation to TaxCaddy, please contact our offices. (Note: Do not use the “Sign Up Free” option on the TaxCaddy website. You’ll use a personalized link in our firm’s invitation.)
Client Axcess (formerly known as Portal) is meant to be a place where we can share information and documents with our clients in a secure method. If you have previously used Google Drive or Dropbox, much of the functionality of Client Axcess will be familiar to you. With an increasing number of our clients using online tools and mobile devices for speed and convenience, we have adopted Client Axcess to provide the swift service that you expect, with the following benefits:
- A fresh, easy-to-use interface with no plug-ins required!
- 24/7 access to your tax returns and financial statements on your favorite devices, including desktop and notebook PCs or Macs, tablets, and smartphones.
- A simple drag-and-drop interface for uploading files from a desktop computer.
- The ability to take photos with your smartphone or tablet, and then upload the images to your portal.
- Secure, end-to-end encryption of all files transmitted and stored in your portal.
To get started:
- When you receive your first email from us (from “DoNotReply@cch.com" - and it may end up in junk mail), click on the link provided. Or if that e-mail is long gone, click on the Client Axcess link here or on our home page.
- User ID: Enter your email address that we used to advise you of your Portal access.
- New users will receive a generic password to enter here and then the system will walk you through setting up a new password. This generic password will expire within a few weeks.
- Returning user: Enter the password you previously selected, OR if you can’t remember it, then select “forgot password” and follow the prompts to reset your password.
You are then logged in and can upload documents to us or download documents. For user help/guides, please click on your profile name in the upper right corner to view the New User Tour or What’s New Tour (for those who are already familiar with the traditional Client Portal).
Please note that unless otherwise requested or specified, documents on Client Axcess / Portal will expire after three years from being added. This service is not meant to be a place to permanently store your documents.
eSign your tax returns:
We now have the ability for you to review and sign your completed tax return via the internet using an electronic signature (eSign) application. This eSign process would eliminate the need to physically sign the e-file authorizations and return the signed forms to us. (Note: this is currently only available for individual tax returns.) As noted above, eSign can be done both via our TaxCaddy or Client Axcess Portal modules noted above.
You will be able to review your tax return, electronically sign Form 8879, and return the signed form to us from any computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone using a stylus or your finger (or mouse if needed). After electronically signing and returning Form 8879, you will also be able to download and save a copy of your tax return and the signed Form 8879.
Here is how the process works:
- To eSign via Client Axcess Portal, we need current email addresses for you and your spouse, if applicable. Note that they have to be two distinct email addresses in order to qualify for this eSign application.
- Each email address will receive notification from our firm when your tax return is ready for review and Form 8879 is available for signature.
- You will click the designated link at the bottom of the email to access and sign your tax return.
- To eSign via TaxCaddy, the steps are similar, but you complete the steps via the TaxCaddy website.
- You will have to identify yourself by answering three Knowledge-Based Authentication questions before accessing the return. These are the types of questions that only you can answer; e.g., select which street you lived on when you were in college, etc.
- You are allowed to skip one of the four questions.
- Each spouse will need to answer their own set of authentication questions.
- IMPORTANT: if you (or your spouse) fail to answer three questions correctly, we can try again two more times.
- After successful authentication, you can then review your tax return, electronically sign Form 8879, and click the Finish button to return the signed document to our firm.
- When signing is completed, you will receive another email from our firm with a link to download a copy of the final signed Form 8879 and your tax return. A soft copy of this signed tax return will also be available on your Client Axcess account (if you use this service).
If you want to use this completely paperless method to sign your e-file authorizations, please let us know.
Secure E-mail Instructions:
Please call or e-mail our office for instructions on accessing our secure e-mail system.